- About us
- Member Login
- Other Resources
Membership Benefits – Join Now!
The QGCA is Queensland’s peak professional association that provides leadership and support in an educational guidance and counselling setting. The QGCA supports and promotes quality service as well as advocating for guidance and counselling services within schools, providing key professional development opportunities, input into consultation papers and sponsoring of conferences supporting the professional development of members.
Membership of a professional association with relatively low fees which:
- works for the professional development and welfare of members
- provides training and professional development for members
- actively lobbies on matters of professional interest and promotes the role with stakeholders such as the Education Minister, Directors General, Organisational leadership and school leadership teams
- has members working in educational guidance and counselling in all levels of education and in state, independent and Catholic schools
- Affiliation and links to National and International bodies such as the:
- Psychologist and Counsellors in Schools Association (APACS), formerly the Australian Guidance and Counselling Association
- CICA (expanded)
- International School Psychologists Association (ISPA)
- Promotes different grades of membership such as Professional, Associate and Student, that allows greater access to the resources and privileges of the association
- Quarterly National (APACS) and State (QGCA Connections) electronic Newsletters
- Online access to all past and present articles in the Journal of Psychologists and Counsellors in Schools (formally the Australian Journal of Guidance and Counselling)
- Members discount to the APACS National Conference, local seminars and workshops of partner organisations
- Access to a range of on-line resources via the QGCA and APACS websites
- Quarterly twilight events to support the on-gong professional development and networking of members
- Access to the member's area of the QGCA website for recorded and podcast professional development presentations and workshops
- Membership of the QGCA facebook community
- Sponsorship of professional development activities, conferences and National School Counselling Week events
- Opportunity for our members to be recognised as accredited career development practitioners
- Opportunities to become a member of the QGCA executive
The QGCA is committed to encouraging quality leadership in guidance and counselling. Our Code of Ethics requires a high degree of ethical conduct from our members. The Association provides and promotes quality continuing professional development and thus delivers effective and professional support to members.
Student Membership is available to individuals undertaking guidance and counselling studies toward the status of Associate Member or Professional Member, usually with the objective of undertaking professional employment.
Associate Membership is available to individuals who subscribe to the objects of the Association, and wish to receive publications and participate in Association activities, but who are ineligible for Professional Membership.